COVID GUIDELINES AT SCWS
Updated 13 April 2022
Health & Safety Procedures
We are working closely with the event venue to keep you as safe as possible during the event. This information will be updated regularly to reflect local guidance.
We have decided to reduce the level of Covid restrictions for SCWS in line with the UK Gov guidelines.
The measures we are taking to keep you safe
Events will maintain a maximum capacity and density of participants in accordance with relevant official government and regional guidance.
You are encouraged to observe social distancing.
Health & Hygiene
If you are feeling unwell or have any Covid symptoms, please do not attend.
The emphasis will be on encouraging good personal health and hygiene with additional handwashing and sanitation stations available. We will work with the venue to ensure we maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Protection & Defence
Mask wearing is an individual’s choice which we fully support.
COVID-19 – Assumption of Risk
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending this event, you agree to be voluntarily bound to our Assumption of Risk terms:
COVID-19 – Assumption of Risk
In-person public gatherings and events carry an inherent higher risk of exposure to COVID-19. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease. Prior to attending a public gathering or event, please learn more about the risks involved and evaluate your individual risk level. In particular, vulnerable individuals, such as certain older
adults and those with certain pre-existing health conditions, who have an increased risk for severe illness or death, need to take extra precautions against COVID-19.
Participants understand that:
- the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present, including without limitation, at the venue;
- no precautions, including any protocols that may be implemented by our events team or the venue can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19;
- the risks of exposure to COVID-19 are increased by proximity to other people;
- there is no guarantee, express or implied, that participants and any of her/his guests will not be exposed to COVID-19;
- people of all ages and health conditions, including healthy young people, have been adversely affected by COVID-19;
- certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on their age or underlying medical conditions; and
- exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, and other short-term and long-term health effects, including death, regardless of a person’s age or health condition.
Participants also acknowledge that the COVID-19 protocols may prove inadequate to prevent the exposure and transmission of COVID-19 and that it is possible that from time to time persons present at the venue or at any locations in which the events may be held or where people are gathered, may not comply fully with the COVID-19 protocols. Participants understand that the implementation of the COVID-19 Protocols does not guarantee that participants and their guests will not be exposed to or contract COVID-19 as a result of their attendance at the venue or pass COVID-19 on to others, including participants and other family members of the participants.
Participants understand and knowingly and voluntarily assume all such COVID-19 related risks related to attending, traveling to and from the event at the venue. Those risks may include an increased risk of exposure to illness (including, but not limited to, COVID-19), personal injury, disability, and other short-term or long-term health effects including death, which might result not only from participants’ own actions, inactions or negligence, but from the actions, inactions or negligence of any of any individuals or businesses involved in the event. Participants accept that they have personal responsibility for any and all of their respective costs and expenses, damages, liability, and other losses that participants, or any of their respective heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, next of kin or other persons acting or claiming to act on behalf of participants, may incur in connection with the risks described above.
Participants agree to follow the event’s health and safety policies, as well as all applicable guidance, local, state and federal orders, regulations and ordinances pertaining to health and safety at all times while at the event.